The Safe Sha Training Centre Ltd (hereinafter “The Company” or “we” or “us”) is concerned about privacy issues and wants you to know how we are collecting, using, processing, disclosing and protecting your information in accordance with applicable law and the Data Protection Act 2017.
You may not be asked for consent where the Company has a lawful basis for processing personal data we already have, or acquire through performance of a contract, in compliance with legal requirements, for the protection of your vital interests as a data subject, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or the processing is necessary for other legitimate interests of us or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.
Personal Data we collect
Personal data means any information relating to a data subject, as such term is defined under the Data Protection Act 2017. Personal data includes, but is not restricted to:
- Personal contact details (name, address, contact number and email address)
- Date of birth
- Medical information
- Curriculum Vitae
- Video and audio recordings
Personal data such as race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, medical information or biometrics are sensitive data according to the requirements under the Data Protection Act 2017 and as such are subject to enhanced security measures as required by the applicable law.
Use of Personal Data
To the extent permitted by law, we may use your information for purposes of operating our business and other legitimate purposes. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- Performance of a contract
- Reporting to management
- Recruiting and employment
- To deliver services to you
- To reply to your requests
- Data analysis
- To personalize your experience (Your information helps us respond better to your individual needs)
- Website- to know your preferences
- Contacting you with information about our products and services
- Sending you important notices
The purpose and retention conditions for which we collect the personal data will be stated in any consent form you are asked to accept or implied in any participation in a lawful basis for collection. Where we collect or use personal information other than as set out in this policy, we will ensure that we do so in accordance with applicable law and the Data Protection Act 2017.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Information with your consent or:
- When it is required by law
- To comply with law (Judicial proceedings, court order, law enforcement, exercise our legal rights, defend against legal claim, request from public and governmental authorities)
- When there is an investigation or in prevention, against illegal activities
- When there is a suspected fraud
- When there is a potential threat to a safety of any person
- To our third-party service providers to provide service on our behalf, facilitate our service or perform related services
If you choose to provide personal information of a third party (such as name, email and telephone number) to Safe Sha Training Centre Ltd, you represent and warrant that you have permission from the third party to do so (e.g. Marketing material or Job referrals). However, we do not accept any personal data of third party without the proof of consent.
Safe Sha Training Centre Ltd is committed to comply with regulations with respect to your rights. It is your responsibility as a data subject to assure that your information we collect is kept up to date and is accurate. The Company takes all reasonable step to discard or update any inaccurate data without delay.
You have certain rights in respect to how we use your personal data. These are:
- to request a copy of the personal information we have about you as far as practical; unreasonable request, or information that is difficult or time consuming to retrieve, may be subjected to charges.
- to ensure that your personal data that we have is up-to-date, accurate and complete. However, it is your responsibility to submit correct and updated data to Safe Sha Training Centre Ltd and our responsibility is to update the data provided by you.
- to have your personal data erased if the personal data collected, for the purposes for which it was collected, are no longer necessary, unless we are required by law to retain it.
- to withdraw your consent whenever Safe Sha Training Centre Ltd processes your personal data based on your consent, subject to applicable laws.
- to object to the processing of your personal data and if you think that your data protection rights are being breached you have the right to contact the applicable supervisory authority to register a compliant.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to exercise any of the above rights.
Protecting your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important for us. We use appropriate methods to protect your personal data. Safe Sha Training Centre Ltd is compliant with the basic privacy and security principles such as access control to different categories of personal data, clear screen policy, clean desk policy, and lockable document storage cabinets. Wherever practical, we ensure that data is encrypted during transit and storage and that access to this data is strictly limited to a minimum number of individuals and subject to confidentiality obligations.
We also train our employees on privacy and security protection to raise awareness on personal data protection and to ensure the security of your personal data. Our personnel having access to your personal data are bound by a non-disclosure agreement with the Company.
The Company only retains your personal data for a reasonable period and until the purpose for which the data was collected is achieved, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. It is our policy to destroy personal information once we are no longer required to retain it by law or business.
In certain circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data (so that it is no longer associated with you) for research or statistical purposes.
Children’s Personal Data
The Company is sensitive with regards to children’s personal data, which is considered sensitive data. Children’s personal data is collected with prior consent from their parents or guardians, for purposes outlined in that consent, for example, to be published in our newsletter or on our website or for course enrolment purposes. Safe Sha Training Centre Ltd will be using or disclosing the data only as permitted by law, with the clear consent of the parents or guardians of the child or as required for the child’s protection. If we accidentally collect personal data of a child without verified prior permission from the parent or guardian, we will endeavor to delete the data at the earliest practicable opportunity.
Transfer of information outside Mauritius
Your personal data we collect may be processed or accessed outside Mauritius where Safe Sha Training Centre Ltd or its affiliates, service providers or business partners are situated. In this case, we take appropriate safeguards to ensure that the personal data is treated securely in accordance with this policy and applicable laws. We use encryption where appropriate. The Company uses a wide range of legal procedures, such as standard contractual clauses with those parties to ensure data is processed in a secure manner.